WHY WE LOVE IT
Of all the trends we’ve seen on the runways into the mainstream, it’s clear that pleats are making a dent on Fall fashion not just Spring. This article will discuss specifically pleated skirts. Whether they have knife, accordion, or superfine crystal pleats, these precisely folded skirts create a sophistication that goes beyond the pleats on your typical private school uniforms. Such detail will add the necessary femininity to your wardrobe. Plus, pleated skirts look good in any length and almost in any material.
HOW TO WEAR IT
Pleats add volume without bulk, so figure issues are minimized. Since in pleated skirts the focus is on movement, pair with loose separates and keep hair simple. Pair it with a pump for more professional look and pointy toe or open toe heel for a more evening or going out look. And yes, ironing will not be easy, so factor in dry cleaning.
Ready to try out the look? Buy our “PLEAT the 5th” skirt from our “Think Pink” Collection
WHY WE LOVE IT
One trend great for Spring or Fall and off and on the runway is the cape design. A cape, whether it’s worn as a coat or a blazer, gives a touch of elegance to any outfit you wear.It differs from a poncho because of the holes for your arms but are still perfect for layering. Capes also have been around forever and so it will give your wardrobe a timeless look. Capes are probably best worn in the Fall because they are perfect for layering without wearing a heavy or frumpy coat. They also look really good when you’re wearing a dress or something more formal.
HOW TO WEAR IT
- With Jeans
2. With lots of Accessories
3. With Boots
4. With All Black
5.With a Jumpsuit
6. With A Skirt or Dress
READY TO GIVE THE CAPE LOOK A TRY?
SHOP THESE CAPE LOOKS!
SUPERWOMAN LONG CAPE JACKET
RHOH TRINA SHAW SHORT CAPE JACKET
RHOH TRINA SHAW CAPE DRESS
PINK PANTHER CAPE DRESS
Say Hello to the Glenn Twins Debra and Joyce! Models, Authors, Actresses and Accountants! Is there anything this super duo can’t do?:) Check out their interview below and don’t forget to get your copy of their book “Keeping Your Crown: The Black Woman’s Guide to Reclaiming Greatness.”
1) Why did you choose your profession? We didn’t actually choose our profession. We were constantly being approached with opportunities to model and act as children; however we were extremely introverted and uninterested. Years later we finally acquiesced. So, we feel like our involvement in entertainment was chosen for us.
2) What is the favorite part of your job? We love the opportunity to be creative and be ourselves. We like the relaxed atmosphere in the entertainment industry. There isn’t as much pressure to be conservative or perfect. We also love being able to work together.
3) What is the most difficult part of your job? We dislike the politics that often take place behind the scenes in this industry. Very talented, hard-working people are often overlooked for people who have personal relationships or side deals with the decision makers.
4) Who is your mentor (if any)? We have a few. We admire hard-working, self-made female entrepreneurs like Oprah Winfrey, Bethenny Frankel and Eva Longoria!
5) Best piece of advice for someone pursuing your field? Don’t! Lol! Unless you have a deep rooted passion for entertainment or entrepreneurship and you truly believe this is part of your life’s purpose, pursue something more practical. The ups and downs of this business are often so tumultuous. You must have a true desire to serve and a willingness to be broke and endure rejection to overcome the hard times. If you truly feel that this is your calling, then get the training, get amazing representation and keep positive and productive people around you.
6) If you have not chosen this profession would have you chosen instead? Joyce- I would have become a CPA and started a firm for financial consulting. Debra- I would have gotten my PhD and become a college or graduate school professor.
7) Favorite designer? Balmain
8) Favorite makeup brand? Our own! Mirror Image Cosmetics coming soon…
9) Favorite hair care? Garnier Fructis
10) Favorite skin brand? Natural Vitamin E
11) If you could only choose 5 items to put in your purse everyday, what would they be? Carmex, lipstick, a makeup compact, hand lotion, and a Chinese silk hand fan
12) Free plug:)– Anything you would like our readers to know that you are selling or creating? We would love for readers to head to Amazon.com and order our first published book “Keeping Your Crown: The Black Woman’s Guide to Reclaiming Greatness.”
Education (Schools Attended): Savannah State University, BBA Accounting
Certifications or Licenses?: Certified Tax Preparers
Memberships?: Beta Gamma Sigma (The International Business Honor Society)
Awards?: Honor graduates: Joyce (Suma Cum Laude) Debra (Magna Cum Laude)
Instagram and Twitter Social Media Handle:
IG: @theglenntwins @glenntwin_joyce @glenntwin_debra
Official Website: www.glenntwins.com
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/glenntwins
“I AM”, the two most powerful words; for what you put after them shapes your REALITY.
Some time ago, when I was feeling in a slump I began to focus on everything wrong with my life. Not married, no kids, my businesses were struggling, the list went on and on. Sounds familiar? It’s human nature to complain. But have you noticed that it is much easier to focus on what you don’t have versus what you do have?
I so happen to be traveling during this time and in the airport gift shop came across a book entitled “The Power of I Am” by motivational speaker and pastor Joel Osteen. Now some of you may have heard of him already, but for those of you who have not he is an amazing man of God and inspires and helps strengthen the faith of millions of people through his books, seminars and church services that a telecasted worldwide.
For those of you that are not religious or not Christian, Joel Osteen is still a powerful source of inspiration that crosses all faiths and cultures. In his book, he hones in on how powerful words are and the principal of speaking what you say into existence. Understanding this principle and realizing everything that I said could come into existence whether good or bad really gave me pause. Then I thought how I could ensure that I only spoke positive things especially when mostly everything was going wrong? Pastor Osteen gives the advice that everything that comes through your mouth first starts as a thought. So the next time you open your mouth to complain pause and think about what you are saying first BEFORE you actually say it. “I’m single, I’m broke, I’m lonely, I’m depressed, I’m fat”. Sounds familiar? These are some common things that people say on a regular basis when they begin to complain about their life. If you are saying any of these things now in your life STOP immediately. If it’s too difficult for you to find something to say positive in the moment, as Pastor Osteen says “Be Positive or Be Quiet.” If not, years from now you will find yourself STILL single, broke, lonely, depressed and out of shape.
Which leads to my final piece of advice on how to speak positively. Sometimes even if in reality you don’t have that perfect relationship, have that perfect weight or perfect job, you should FAKE IT until you actually believe it. Osteen states that if you force yourself to speak positively enough eventually your mind, heart and eventually your actions and then ultimately the universe will line up and you can actually WILL these things into fruition. One of the examples in Osteen’s book is a women who was in a dead end job, just out of a relationship and feeling pretty down on herself. She decided to use her last paycheck and take a trip overseas. During her trip she noticed that during her outdoor excursions she was out of shape and could barely keep up. So the woman decided that on her next trip she wanted to be more healthier. Upon returning home she joined a gym, ran a marathon and ultimately lost more weight than she had anticipated. In a nutshell, the results of her healthier body all started with her thoughts on having positive aspirations for better health which turned into words which ultimately turned into actions. The women’s approved appearance even attracted her new boyfriend and gave her the confidence to start a new job. With ONE change of thought the women essentially changed her WHOLE life.
Now its your turn! To give you a jumpstart I have written some affirmations below that you should say every morning before starting your day.
I AM HAPPY
I AM HEALTHY
I AM WEALTHY
I AM LOVED
I AM WORTHY
I AM POSITIVE
I AM BLESSED
I AM GRATEFUL
I AM BEAUTIFUL
I AM CONFIDENT
I AM COURAGEOUS
I AM EXCITED ABOUT TODAY!
There are many more affirmations you can add to this list. But this is a great start! Just remember every day you speak your DREAMS (instead of your doubts), is a day closer they become a REALITY. Click here to purchase “The Power of I Am” by Joel Osteen on sale for $8 (retail price $26.00)!
WHY WE LOVE IT
A leather skirt is always down to solve a fashion dilemma. Its inherent trend feature is its style versatility: from grunge, to glam, to girly, to preppy, to smart, to sporty luxe or rock glam, you can’t lose rocking this item. Whether you style it with a solid tee in the Summer or slip it on over tights in the Fall, there are plenty of ways to rock this must-have piece. Leather Skirts have been having their moment for a while now, with bloggers and fashionistats wearing them like crazy in summer, but the trend is now spreading into the colder seasons big time. And the best part about it is that ALL leather skirts are in: skater, pencil, mini, A-line, in all colors. Today we will discuss the must have black leather skirt.
HOW TO WEAR IT
Try the black leather skirt with these casual looks:
If however we want to go more on the glam sophisticated side, it’s all in the bling (statement necklaces & rings) and textures. Mix fabrics: leather, lace, sheer, silk, cashmere, beads, sequins. Keep one thing in mind though, when going all the way, you need to keep at least one thing toned down: face, hair or shoes.
The biggest DON’T when it comes to leather skirts is those super short, painted-on latex styles, that’ll have us looking cheap & desperate. Also avoid pairing them with a same-texture tiny leather jacket and thigh high heeled black leather boots. We don’t want you to come across like a prostitute lol. It’s about BALANCE and making you look effortless, girly and confident.
Ready to give this style trend a try? We are animal cruelty free so we have put together two faux leather looks for you! Shop these look now on the Legally Fab store!
THE ALLY MCBEAL
BUY IT HERE
LAW AND ORDER
BUY IT HERE